My second post in an ongoing series entitled "Books to Film: When Your Favorite Novel Becomes a Terrible Movie" is now up at LAist.
Books-to-novels that are covered:
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
- Blindness by Jose Saramago
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez
A few on-deck novels-to-be-films that I'll cover next time:
- Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem
- Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
- I Am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe
- Pattern Recognition by William Gibson
You can check out the first in the series by clickety-clicking here.