- Joan Didion will be in LA on November 16th. I cannot recall another time in my life when I've purchased a ticket so soon after opening an email newsletter.
- The UCLA Writers Faire is this weekend on the 28th.There will be mini-workshops and mini-panels.
- I'm in the last days of my re-read all Murakami novels project and I'm floundering a bit on many fronts. I don't really want it to end. I very much want it to end. I probably should have written about each book as I completed it. I should have taken academic-style notes. I'm glad I didn't do anything of the sort. More on this shortly, in a separate post.
- My Read More, Write More, Share More, Learn More project will launch next month, rather than in August planned. This month threw me a few curve balls of the family illness/funeral flavor so I'm a bit behind.
- I clearly like to deem my literary meanderings as "projects." Hmmmm...
- I'm casting about for another re-read project. With Didion coming into town and her new book out this fall, that seems an obvious one, no? Yet in light of the re-hullaballoo around DFW's language (and my obvious liking of and usage of it, much to others chagrin), I could just as easily be lured away from Didion in favor of DFW. Suggestions welcome.
A Bit About Lingo:
The bit about lingo became long enough that it made more sense for it to be a separate post.